Three things in life are certain: Death, Taxes, and Website Bot Traffic.
The good news is you can do something about that last one. Advantage Dealer Services recently partnered with Orbee, an online analytics company, and their Automotive Website Traffic Quality 2016-Q3 Report cited that Bot traffic and ad fraud cost digital advertisers $7.2B in 2016 and that 40% of paid digital advertising in the automotive industry consisted of bot traffic.
Get the free report here: https://orbee.co
So what can you do about it? Orbee says, “You can start a conversation with your advertising vendor by asking them:
- What measures do you have in place to detect for bot traffic?
- What % of total traffic do you mark as bot traffic currently?
- What is your refund policy when you discover that you are sending bot traffic?
They also suggest reviewing your Google Analytics stats (if you have an account):
- Does the advertising medium have traffic coming mostly from my main geographic region?
- Is there a healthy mix of desktop and mobile traffic coming to my site?
- Is the traffic mostly from major non-commercial internet service providers like Verizon, Comcast, AT&T, etc.?
- Does time on site and page views look consistent across all traffic for the advertising medium?
Brian Pasch of Automotive Marketing Now (CBT News) discussed the benefits of identifying bot traffic here: https://youtu.be/B2m-E2c_M04
Starting in May 2017, every Advantage conquest email campaign will use the Orbee platform to offer proof of quality traffic via our eCampaigns.
A Bit About Advantage Dealer Services
Advantage Dealer Services helps clients generate sales by delivering a consistent message across multiple marketing channels. That means effectively reaching potential buyers along their purchase paths. Whether it’s email, a display ad, video, or a live call, Advantage helps you be there when buyers are looking.